[Samba] Users, home directories and profiles

Enrico Morelli morelli at cerm.unifi.it
Thu Jun 18 14:57:21 UTC 2020

I've a working old fashion PDC samba server. When I've to create a new
user I add it to the system with adduser and to the samba using pdbedit.
In the smb.conf I've the [homes] shared folder for the homes and
[profile.V6] for the windows 10 profiles.

When the user enter in a Windows 10 machine, he's able to enter in his
home directory mapped as Z: and when exits his profile is saved in the
 [profile.V6] folder.

Now I'm trying to implement a new AD DC server on a debian 10.
I'm able to join a windows 10 pc into the domain, but I don't
understand how to create users, home directories and profiles.
I navigated in the Wiki but the information are too fragmented so I
don't understand what I've to do.

  Enrico Morelli
  System Administrator | Programmer | Web Developer

  CERM - Polo Scientifico
  via Sacconi, 6 - 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI) - ITALY