[Samba] nt acl support

ERIC PEYREMORTE eric.peyremorte at univ-grenoble-alpes.fr
Thu Jun 18 14:31:19 UTC 2020

Hi,

Is there any drawbacks of using "nt acl support = No" on a share ? I mean breaking applications ?

I do not want users to change permissions from Windows.

With nt acl support = No, icacls returns no permissions Users have Full Control.

It's fine for me that Security tab disappears.

Users can access Linux shell, and i only want users to modify permissions from Linux.

I'm using samba as a file server on a legacy domain samba3 / ldap (with same users and password as my new AD domain), until a full migration.

Eric