[Samba] How to compile gnutls to samba-4.12.3

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Thu Jun 18 13:06:45 UTC 2020

Hi Sérgio, Andrew and Rommel,

Sorry to the join the discussion so late.
Yes, compat-* packages are the right way to solve that for RHEL7/Centos7
(until people can upgrade to RHEL8/Centos8). Of course, like Andrew says,
the consequence is that those compat\* packages must be maintained by the
package maintainers (in case a security issue comes up).

I compiled samba-4.12.3 for RHEL7 a few days ago and placed the repo here:
https://nova.polymtl.ca/~coyote/dist/samba/samba-4.12.3/RHEL7

I'll probably update the packages soonish because I found a couple minor
dependency issues..

Regards,

Vincent