[Samba] Windows 7 logon problems

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jun 17 16:44:18 UTC 2020

On 17/06/2020 17:27, Anders Östling via samba wrote:
> So my question is; does Win 7 behave differently than Win 10? The shares
> are the same as for the Win 10 clients, including the home directories.
Yes, unless you have changed things. Win 7 uses SMBv1 and Win 10 doesn't
> [global]
>
> workgroup = HXXX
> idmap config XXX : backend = rid
The Workgroup name should be what is set in the 'idmap config' lines,
typo ?
> winbind enum users = yes
> winbind enum groups = yes
I would suggest you remove the two lines above once everything is
working correctly, you do not need them.
> client min protocol = SMB2
> client max protocol = SMB3
> client use spnego = yes
> client ntlmv2 auth = yes
Those are a bit redundant, they are the defaults

Remember what I said about Win7 using SMBv1, well Samba 4.12.x doesn't
by default, this is probably your problem.

Rowland