[Samba] Adding user to group doesn't propagate?

Harald Hannelius harald+samba at arcada.fi
Wed Jun 17 10:39:25 UTC 2020

Two Samba AD i AD DS mode running Version 4.9.5-Debian.

Three member-servers running Samba Version 4.9.5-Debian.

I'm adding users to a group, and most of them look ok when I check with 'id
username' on the member-servers.

Also 'samba-tool group show' and 'user show' looks OK to me, the user has
the correct memberOf attribute and the DN is also member of the
group-object.

However, on the member-server 'id username' doesn't show this group. 'id
username' shows this group for all other users in this group.

I have a test member-server that _does_ show the user to be a member of the
group.

I have restarted smbd, nmbd and winbindd on the member-server to no avail.

Is there some timeout of a cache that has to be purged or waited for, or
why doesn't the group membership show up on the member servers almost
immediately?

--

Harald Hannelius | harald.hannelius/a\arcada.fi | +358 50 594 1020