[Samba] Samba4 member file permissions

Bob Wooden bob at donelsontrophy.com
Mon Jun 15 16:10:51 UTC 2020

Have followed Louis' scripts to setup Debian 10 (Buster?) with Samba
4.12.3 DC and member servers on his github "thctlo/Samba4" page.

Worked thru Louis' script notes and have functional DC and member server
on new subdomain like ad.samdom.example.com. (Thanks for all the
suggestions, Rowland.)

Louis (hope your back from vacation?) are your suggested settings in
part 3.3 /The "Samba MEMBER" (FILE-SERVER) server setup/ current? In,
part 3.3, you suggest 1751 permissions while part 3.2 you suggest 1750
settings.

Your suggested file permissions of 1750 or 1751 for /home/samba/ are not
allowing profiles to be written to /home/samba/profiles (below
/home/samba/).

I have reviewed and checked Windows ACL settings based on what I read in
the /Sambawiki Roaming Windows User Profiles/ page and my setting match
(including setting the "disable inheritance").

But, I cannot get profiles to save in the /home/samba/profiles directory
of the member server?

IMHO, clearly a permissions issue.

Questions or suggestions, please?

--