[Samba] Samba as a domain member:

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 15 09:54:08 UTC 2020

On 15/06/2020 10:33, Vieri Di Paola via samba wrote:
> The only difference I can see with the failing scenario is that "net
> ads info" showed a different AD server (there are 3 in my network).
That is how it is supposed to work.
> I am unable to reproduce the problem. I am trying to join specifically
> to the PDC that was supposedly failing (with the -S or -I options),
> but "net ads join" still shows the "working" PDC.

Will you please stop calling it a 'PDC', it isn't a PDC, that is
something quite different. All AD DC's are equal except for the FSMO
roles and they can be on any DC. There really isn't a concept of
primary, secondary or backup AD DC's, they are all just DC's.

Samba will use what it thinks is the best DC and this might not be
always the same DC.

Rowland