[Samba] Samba as a domain member:

Vieri Di Paola vieridipaola at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 09:33:17 UTC 2020

Sorry, "encrypt passwords" was added by mistake. I see it is deprecated now.

In any case, even without removing it, I decided to remove the member
from the domain and added it again as I saw other posts with similar
issues. I ran a "net ads leave" followed by a "net ads join" again,
and after the message that it had joined successfully, now wbinfo -t
and the likes work fine.

The only difference I can see with the failing scenario is that "net
ads info" showed a different AD server (there are 3 in my network).

I am unable to reproduce the problem. I am trying to join specifically
to the PDC that was supposedly failing (with the -S or -I options),
but "net ads join" still shows the "working" PDC.

So, I can't say why it failed the first time, and I can't make it fail again.
I guess I'll keep in mind that leaving and joining again may help in
case I get into trouble again.

Thanks,

Vieri