[Samba] Samba as a domain member:

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 15 08:15:21 UTC 2020

On 15/06/2020 07:56, Vieri Di Paola via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I followed the guide here below to add my Samba client to an AD PDC
> (rid backend):
No such thing, there is an NT4-style PDC and an AD DC, but not a
combination of the two ;-)
> Also, computers in the domain network can transparently authenticate
> (Windows) to the newly-added (joined) Linux domain member, and they
> can view all the configured shares (with access control).
>
> However, there are things that are failing:
>

> # /usr/bin/ntlm_auth --request-nt-key --username=myuser
> --domain=DOMAIN
> WARNING: The "encrypt passwords" option is deprecated

Where on the wikipage you linked to, does it say to add the 'encrypt
passwords' parameter ?

Everything should work, it sounds like a mis-configuration somewhere.

What OS is this ?

Can you post your smb.conf

Rowland