[Samba] getting no SRV record

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jun 11 12:29:43 UTC 2020

On 11/06/2020 12:16, Bob Wooden via samba wrote:
> When I "nslookup". I get:
>
> root@[dchost]:~# nslookup [dchost].[domain].work
> Server:        192.168.116.50
> Address:    192.168.116.50#53
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> Name:    [dchost].[domain].work
> Address: xx.198.245.139
>
> This local active directory is the first I have ever setup with a
> FQDN. The "Non-authoritative answer: Address" is the ip address of the
> domain registrar nameserver. The "Server:" address (above that) IS the
> correct local ip address.
>
> Never having used a FQDN in the past, could I have something amiss
> with my settings that I was not aware made a difference?

If you had a previous AD domain, you must have had a FQDN, but having
said that, it does look like you have a configuration error somewhere,
so can you post the contents of the following files:

/etc/hostname

/etc/hosts

/etc/resolv.conf

/etc/krb5.conf

/etc/samba/smb.conf

/etc/bind/named.conf

/etc/bind/named.conf.options

/etc/bind/named.conf.local

/var/lib/samba/bind-dns/named.conf

If you must sanitise them, then do it sanely, use 'example.com' for the
domain name and use the case you find in the file ;-)

Rowland