[Samba] kinit with SPN fail

banda bassotti bandabasotti at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 04:10:27 UTC 2020

Hi, i think i found a bug, using "strace -f -s512 / usr / sbin / samba -i
-d 10 " to view ldap queries
in the old version of samba (4.5.1) the following queries are made:

(&(objectClass=user)(userPrincipalName=zookeeper/node1.pro.lan at PRO.LAN))
(&(objectClass=user)(samAccountName=zookeeper/node1.pro.lan))
(&(servicePrincipalName=zookeeper/node1.pro.lan)(objectClass=user))

and not in the new version (4.11.9) :

(&(userPrincipalName=zookeeper/ap42.test.lan at TEST.LAN)(objectClass=user))
(&(samAccountName=zookeeper/ap42.test.lan)(objectClass=user))"
Kerberos: UNKNOWN -- zookeeper/ap42.test.lan at TEST.LAN: no such entry found
in hdb

please forward to the developer :) thank you.