[Samba] kinit with SPN fail

banda bassotti bandabasotti at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 18:25:20 UTC 2020

Hi Rowland, yes I'm configuring apache kafka / zookeeper, I need Kerberos
authentication for the test environment and I don't have AD :)

I'v two environment, the first (production), samba 4.5.1 work as intended:

# samba-tool spn list z1
z1
User CN=z1,CN=Users,DC=pro,DC=lan has the following servicePrincipalName:
         zookeeper/node1.pro.lan
# klist -k -e z1.ktab
Keytab name: FILE:z1.ktab
KVNO Principal
----
   2 zookeeper/node1.PRO.lan at PRO.LAN (DEPRECATED:arcfour-hmac)
   2 z1 at PRO.LAN (DEPRECATED:arcfour-hmac)

# kinit -k -t z1.ktab zookeeper/node1.pro.lan
# klist
Ticket cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0
Default principal: zookeeper/node1.pro.lan at PRO.LAN

Valid starting       Expires              Service principal
06/10/2020 20:14:07  06/11/2020 06:14:07  krbtgt/PRO.LAN at PRO.LAN
        renew until 06/11/2020 20:14:07

the second one, test environment samba 4.11.9, doesn't.