[Samba] Winbind caching questions

Alexey A Nikitin nikitin at amazon.com
Thu Jun 4 19:07:01 UTC 2020

>From what I understand SAMlogon cache ('net cache samlogon list') contains only the group membership, and its expiration time is controlled by 'winbind cache time'. Is that correct?

If pam_winbind is configured to use Kerberos auth then authentication will depend on KDC availability regardless of 'winbind offline logon = Yes', and if DNS doesn't work temporarily and therefore KDCs cannot be discovered using DNS then unless they're hard-coded the authentication will fail. Is that correct?