[Samba] Is Samba 4.9 and "map untrusted to domain" possible anymore?

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Thu Jun 4 15:30:56 UTC 2020

Mandi! Harald Hannelius via samba
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Question 2)
> Does a windows client behave differently when speaking to a NT4-domain or an
> AD-domain in how they try passwords? I have a feeling that users in the
> "AD"-domain didn't need to (manually at least) enter any passwords to get
> their drives mapped from the "Samba" domain. "It just worked".

Only a note.

CLIENT windows OSes try to be 'polite' handling auth, so if you have
same username and same password in two domains (and, as stated by
rowland, you have SMB1 active), auth must work.

But, i restae, seems not some sort of 'server magic', only 'client
magic': eg, windows client try to auth without the domain info, and so
succeed.

Do some test. ;-)