[Samba] SAMBA using existing users and passwords on Linux

Fernando Gonçalves fernandolmg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:34:06 UTC 2020

I apologize for forgetting to pass on all the information.
In fact, this problem is occurring because of the migration from a VM with
Oracle SunOS to another VM with Oracle Linux 7.
This old VM is for production and runs the CACHÉ database, so we decided to
create a new VM and migrate everything to it.
We have already migrated the database and users without problems.
Only on each machine of these more than 40 users there is a script pointing
to a SAMBA map of the old machine, passing username and password.
With a change in the DNS we will point to the new VM, solving the name
resolution problem.
But if I register each user on SAMBA with a different password, these
mappings will not work.
I would have to go through each user's machine and change this script.