[Samba] Samba migrate from ver 4.11.11 to 4.12.5

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jul 27 18:26:14 UTC 2020

On 27/07/2020 19:03, admin at prawda.net.pl wrote:
> I change password but still not work.
> I use Win 10.
> Samba I get from official page and I compile it.
> My config:
>
> [profiles]
>      comment = Network Profiles Service
>      path = /mnt/profile/profiles
>      read only = No
>      store dos attributes = Yes
>      create mask = 0600
>      directory mask = 0700
Nothing really wrong there, but you are trying to setup profiles on a DC
as if it was a PDC, you must do this from Windows, see here:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Roaming_Windows_User_Profiles#Using_Windows_ACLs

> I tchink my config is fine. If i delete all old file from private directory
> and make new AD then all works ok. smb.conf this same.
> I think taht my problem is with encryption. This is change between version
> 4.11.11 and 4.12.0.
The changes affected 'DES' encryption, your machines do not seem to be
trying to use this, but it looks like they keep disconnecting
'NT_STATUS_CONNECTION_DISCONNECTED'

Is there anything in the event logs on the machine you are trying to
connect from ?

Rowland