[Samba] samba-tool domain backup offline stalls

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Thu Jul 23 21:06:24 UTC 2020

On Thu, July 23, 2020 16:54, James B. Byrne wrote:

> On Thu, July 23, 2020 15:56, Andrew Bartlett  wrote:
>>
>> Clearly there is, as otherwise we could not be in waitpid on it.
>> The process is not a python process, it will be tdbbackup.  The
>> command line arguments to that process will be instructive.

Run from the command line it succeeds and returns nearly immediately:

[root at smb4-2 ~ (master)]# time /usr/local/bin/tdbbackup -v -s .copy.tdb
/var/db/samba4/private/secrets.ldb
/var/db/samba4/private/secrets.ldb : 11 records

real	0m0.003s
user	0m0.002s
sys	0m0.001s

[root at smb4-2 ~ (master)]# echo $?
0

[root at smb4-2 ~ (master)]# ll /var/db/samba4/private/secrets*.copy*
-rw-------  1 root  wheel  40172 Jul 23 16:49
/var/db/samba4/private/secrets.ldb.copy.tdb.tmp

   Unencrypted messages have no legal claim to privacy

Canada  L8E 3C3