[Samba] samba-tool domain backup offline stalls

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jul 23 19:03:25 UTC 2020

On 23/07/2020 19:29, James B. Byrne via samba wrote:
> On Thu, July 23, 2020 14:05, James B. Byrne wrote:
> .
>> The jail is not running anything other than sshd and webmin, as the netstat
>> results clearly show.  The issue appears to me to be that samba-tool cannot
>> bind to that port even though it is available.
>>

> Why would an offline backup tool need to attach to any port at all?

Not having perused the code in depth, I do not know, but I doubt if it
does, but your problem (as far as I understand it) is that Samba will
not start.

Everything you are trying to do, is different from just about every
other Samba user. You are using Freebsd and running Samba in 'jails'. I
am not knocking you over this, I am just pointing out that there is
little experience on this list about just how you are trying to run Samba.

If you were running Debian in a VM, I would suggest rebooting the VM,
but can you reboot a 'jail' ??

Rowland