[Samba] map gidNumber

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jul 23 15:16:52 UTC 2020

On 23/07/2020 15:52, basti via samba wrote:
> On 23.07.20 15:44, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
>> gidNumber: 30000
>>
>> Then remove the gidNumber line.
> my dn "domain users" has also gidNumber: 30000
gidNumber attributes must be unique, you cannot use the same one twice.
> when i remove it or set it to 512 i get now user via
> "getent pass <username>"
> because of the range.
>
> but when i set the range to 512 i can not have a local user with id=1000
> right?

correct (why do you want to give Domain Users the gidNumber '512' ? this
is the RID for Domain Admins)

It doesn't really matter what gidNumber you use for Domain Users, just
so long as it is a unique gidNumber and inside the DOMAIN range you set
in smb.conf

Rowland