[Samba] Migrate mail aliases to AD ypServ30

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jul 20 10:56:57 UTC 2020

On 20/07/2020 11:11, RhineDevil via samba wrote:
> How could I migrate these fields to CN=aliases,CN=mail,CN=ypServ30,CN=RpcServices,CN=System,DC=local?
>
> dn: cn=abuse,ou=Aliases,DC=mydomail,DC=local
> cn: abuse
> objectClass: nisMailAlias
> objectClass: top
> rfc822MailMember: root
>
> dn: cn=noc,ou=Aliases,DC=mydomail,DC=local
> cn: noc
> objectClass: nisMailAlias
> objectClass: top
> rfc822MailMember: root
>
> dn: cn=security,ou=Aliases,DC=mydomail,DC=local
> cn: security
> objectClass: nisMailAlias
> objectClass: top
> rfc822MailMember: root

First you will need the rfc822-MailMember.schema and then run that
through oLschema2ldif to produce an ldif to add to AD.

Doing the above, should produce something like this:

dn: CN=rfc822MailMember,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,dc=local
objectClass: top
objectClass: attributeSchema
attributeID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.2.1.15
schemaIdGuid:: aB7do9Dx3LkCSVgvixllpg==
cn: rfc822MailMember
name: rfc822MailMember
lDAPDisplayName: rfc822MailMember
attributeSyntax: 2.5.5.5
oMSyntax: 22
isSingleValued: FALSE

dn: CN=nisMailAlias,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,dc=local
objectClass: top
objectClass: classSchema
governsID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.1.2.5
schemaIdGuid:: gMnYtZqCPTLAMXe3RZus8A==
cn: nisMailAlias
name: nisMailAlias
lDAPDisplayName: nisMailAlias
subClassOf: top
objectClassCategory: 1
mustContain: cn
mayContain: rfc822MailMember
defaultObjectCategory: CN=nisMailAlias,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,dc=local

You will need to split that into two ldif's one containing the
objectclass, the other the attribute.

You can then add the two ldifs like this:

ldbadd -H path_to_sam_ldb attr.ldif --option="dsdb:schema update
allowed"=true
ldbadd -H path_to_sam_ldb class.ldif --option="dsdb:schema update
allowed"=true

You could then add your ldif (modified to suit AD):

dn:
cn=abuse,cn=aliases,cn=mail,cn=ypServ30,cn=RpcServices,cn=System,dc=local
cn: abuse
objectClass: nisMailAlias
objectClass: top
rfc822MailMember: root

dn: cn=noc,cn=aliases,cn=mail,cn=ypServ30,cn=RpcServices,cn=System,dc=local
cn: noc
objectClass: nisMailAlias
objectClass: top
rfc822MailMember: root

dn:
cn=security,cn=aliases,cn=mail,cn=ypServ30,cn=RpcServices,cn=System,dc=local
cn: security
objectClass: nisMailAlias
objectClass: top
rfc822MailMember: root

Whilst the above should work, I have never tried it. You should be aware
that extending the AD schema is a one way action, you can never remove it.

If you do extend your schema, you do this at your own risk, do not blame
me if it goes wrong.

Rowland