[Samba] Authentication with trusted credentials

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jul 20 08:01:47 UTC 2020

On 20/07/2020 08:35, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Point #1: is not correct.
>
> Why is Jake getting an ID from * Range and not APEX range. ?
> That need to be found first
Good point
>> if you have set: APEX:backend = ad
> Yes, and did you assign an UID/GID after you changed RID to AD backend?

Another good question.

The OP posted this:

Kerberos: Client not found in database: no such entry found in hdb

Now this could just be a bad debug message, but if it isn't, where is
the 'hdb' coming from, it is an openldap database.

One thing we haven't heard about, what is 'APEX' ?

Is it a Windows domain or something else ?

If it is a Samba domain, can we see the smb.conf from it ?

Rowland