[Samba] Adding users with ldif file

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jul 17 18:44:37 UTC 2020

On 17/07/2020 19:31, RhineDevil via samba wrote:
> And by that I mean, where are the dbs, what should I rm -rf?
On Debian just remove /var/lib/samba and /var/cache/samba
> By the way how do I obtain current machine netbios name?

Depends on which netbios name, if you are referring to the one that is
in smb.conf 'netbios name = ?????', that is just the short hostname in
uppercase. If you are referring to the netbios domain name (aka
workgroup) then you can find this with wbinfo:

wbinfo --own-domain

Rowland