[Samba] strategy to migrate dc from one pc to another.

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jul 16 08:13:35 UTC 2020

Hai,

Yes. It does.
This is due the "big" change made in 2016 by Microsoft.

> At this time i have revert to a former backup and back to my jessie.
More important and not known, where u used RDP, which Client OS+version is used.

> What i want to do is to create a new dc on stretch or buster, make it
> secondary, wait it to synchronise, declare the second one as dead and
> make the second the primary one. Am i wrong somewhere ?

Nope and this is also the best option.

I could assist in a Jessie to stretch to buster upgrade.
Only thing is, i know whats coming and i recommend setup a new server setup straight on buster.
Sieze the FSMO, and remove the old server.

> Any advice ?
See up ;-)

> best regards.

Greetz,