[Samba] Fwd: net rpc rights grant fail to connect 127.0.0.1

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jul 15 13:53:42 UTC 2020

On 15/07/2020 14:27, Douglas G. Oechsler via samba wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I really do not know what to do. Still in error. I did step by step ad-dc
> and AD Member file server.
> Any other idea please?
>
> Error:
> net rpc rights grant "MYDOMAIN\Unix Admins" SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -U
> "MYDOMAIN\Administrator"
> Enter MYDOMAIN\Administrator's password:
> Could not connect to server 127.0.0.1

Not sure where to go from here, if I run the command I get this:

pi at raspberrypi:~/tests $ net rpc rights grant "SAMDOM\Unix Admins"
SeDiskOperatorPrivilege -U"SAMDOM\Administrator"
Enter SAMDOM\Administrator's password:
Successfully granted rights.

There isn't anything wrong with your smb.conf, so can we confirm a few
things, perhaps there is something we missed ;-)

can you post the contents of the following files:

/etc/hostname

/etc/hosts

/etc/resolv.conf

/etc/krb5.conf

The output from the following commands:

hostname -s

hostname -d

hostname -f

hostname -i

hostname -I

What OS is this ?

What version of Samba (if unsure, 'smbd -V' will tell you)

Is Apparmor or Selinux enabled ?

Rowland