[Samba] Ubuntu 18.04 classicupgrade help

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jul 15 07:21:51 UTC 2020

Hai,

And, ho stop, first line i see in that manual is wrong.

# Add this line to /etc/hosts so that dc1 resolves to 192.168.122.70
192.168.122.70  dc1 dc1.ad.ricosharp.com
Should be
192.168.122.70  dc1.ad.ricosharp.com dc1

sudo cp /var/lib/samba/private/krb5.conf /etc
Not needed, the default install is suffient.

And it started with errors just after he sets up.
Sorry, i cant recommend this.

For new server setup.
Well, i can recommend only this guys guide..
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/full-howto-Ubuntu18.04-samba-AD_DC.txt
Best there is in my opinion ;-)

Well on this part, i cant recommend much, i didnt upgrade i did setup a new clean server.
Bit more work.. So on these steps,
Well.. Rowland i the guy that will give the best advice here.

> Does the classicupgrade just "convert" a bunch of files like
> the passdb.tdb and smb.conf files?  And unless you actually
> replace the files and start the AD service nothing actually changes?
> I think I should stop there.

Greetz,

Louis