[Samba] helping to implement samba 4 AD with ldap backend

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jul 13 19:40:43 UTC 2020

On 13/07/2020 20:12, jmpatagonia via samba wrote:
> But if I have my proper ldap with my other software binding to and existing
> ldap whats I do ?
> We have various applications binding to ldap via an interface ?
> If is not possible we have to re-make the api-interface to maintain two
> ldap, replicating users and passwords and properties.

I am sure that I have already told you this, you would be better off
adding the required schemas to AD, but to do this you need to upgrade.

It looks like your system started out using the Ebox OS, which morphed
into Zentyal and this OS is still in existence, but trying to get your
OS up to the latest Zentyal may not be possible, if it is possible, then
it is going to take a lot of work, more than it is worth.

It will probably be easier to start again with a new domain and add the
required schemas, just remind us what you use ldap for.

Rowland