[Samba] samba-check-db-repl failure email

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Jul 13 07:43:54 UTC 2020

This should not be a problem. but this was part/left over of the problem you faced friday.

On DC1, the PTR was "somehow" deleted (whole zone was gone), at least looks like it. "CN=DELETED OBJECTS " is the trashcan in AD.
Just verify if for both the DC's the A and PTR records are working, but that looked ok.

The due above, somehow on DC2, the server is placed in  CN=LOSTANDFOUND, because it lots the context of the object.
When an object in AD is unknown its placed in LostAndFound.
I'll see if i can add this in as filter to skip the deleted objects.

samba-tool dbcheck --cross-nc --fix  can remove these or

After the fix, just to be sure do one extra check on A/PTR records. (NS/SOA aslo)

Your AD is not that big yet, i suggest you run:
sudo samba-tool dns query dc1 $(hostname -d) @ ALL -U administrator
That shows all records in the zone.

And look at the records, and same for the PTR records.
 sudo samba-tool dns query rtd-dc1 0.168.192.in-addr.arpa @ ALL -U administrator

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Verifying_and_Creating_a_DC_DNS_Record
Might be handy also if you hit strange things.

Greetz,

Louis