[Samba] vfs_fruit not working

Andrea Venturoli ml at netfence.it
Sat Jul 11 08:25:17 UTC 2020

On 2020-07-10 19:32, torch via samba wrote:
> What version of Samba are you running?  If <4.9 then you need to add:
>
> ea support = yes

4.10.17, so that's the default.

> You should also include:
>
> vfs objects = catia fruit streams_xattr

No, I shouldn't.
When I tried, my users weren't able to access some files anymore:
unfortunately they used creatives name like "aaaa/bbbb/ccc.doc" and
character conversion totally screws this up.

Besides, does this really matter with what I was asking?
Does this affect how EAs, resource forks, etc... are handled?
Would this make any difference WRT to performance?

  bye & Thanks
	av.