[Samba] sysvol permissions

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Thu Jul 9 16:35:11 UTC 2020

At this point I have a DC2 joined to a DC1 that has all the FMSO roles.  I have
confirmed that 'samba-tool drs showrepl' on both DCs produces the expected
results without error.

I am now looking at sysvol replication. On FreeBSD the sysvol is located at
/var/db/samba4/sysvol.  Here is the problem.  On DC1 I see this:

[root at smb4-1 ~ (master)]# ll /var/db/samba4/sysvol
total 1
d---rwx---+ 4 root  3000000  4 Jun  8 12:27 brockley.harte-lyne.ca

On DC2 I see this:

[root at smb4-2 ~ (master)]# ll /var/db/samba4/sysvol
total 1
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  3 Jun 25 14:26 brockley.harte-lyne.ca

I have not yet attempted a replication, which will use rsync when it is
attempted.  Are the settings on DC2 expected or should they match those on DC1?

Thanks,

   Unencrypted messages have no legal claim to privacy

Canada  L8E 3C3