[Samba] AD Users on Linux Laptop

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Thu Jul 9 09:39:36 UTC 2020

On 09.07.20 11:06, basti via samba wrote:
> There must be a way to cache login infos  between reboot.
>
> sssd or somethink like that?

sssd can do it, but windbind's own cache should work just as well. But
yes, network-online.target is counterproductive here.

> the krb5_ccache file is saved on /tmp/ is there a way to save that to an
> other folder, thats not cleanup on reboot? /usr/lib .... for example.

As far as I understand the manpages, krb5_ccache is unrelated to offline
logon. The stuff you need is controlled by the cached_login PAM
parameter and the "winbind offline logon" and "winbind cache time"
smb.conf parameters.

>>     # Renew the kerberos tickets
>>     winbind refresh tickets = yes

LPH, could you elaborate on all the kerberos stuff? It looks like a
totally unrelated tangent for what basti is trying to do.