[Samba] Permission denied for home, even when it's 777

Deft Developer dev at hymes.name
Wed Jul 8 16:23:17 UTC 2020

I used setenforce  0, and I was extremely surprised to see a burst of selinux denials appear in the journal.
So I corrected the problem with:
    setsebool -P use_samba_home_dirs 1
And updating some policies.
Thanks very much!
I have never before dealt with selinux denials that don't appear in the journal until "enforcing" is changed to "permissive". Is this a samba feature? Or is there a configuration I can change somewhere else in CentOS?
Thanks !
Deft