[Samba] samba-pdb-mysql, samba-pdbsql

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jul 8 16:07:19 UTC 2020

On 08/07/2020 16:25, Christian Eichert via samba wrote:
> Dar all,
>
> recently I installed Samba and I found the documentation of Mr Jelmers
> MySQL back-end
>
> I found the source Packages on Sourceforge but I am not sure how to use
> them, If I need to place this in the samba sources and recompile samba.
>
> I was wondering if there are some compiled packages somewhere as I do
> not have experience in compiling and do not have a test environment.
>
> Maybe someone can write me a more detailed Instruction how to use the
> sources.
>
> or maybe someone have another MySQL back-end for Samba.

That is one from ancient history, as far as I am aware, the code was
removed from Samba a long time ago, so whilst I am not saying you
couldn't get it work with a Samba supported version, you would probably
would be on your own and the Samba code has moved on since 3.0.x (which
is when I believe it was removed).

Rowland