[Samba] Winbind login overwrite homedir

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jul 8 15:32:32 UTC 2020

On 08/07/2020 16:02, basti via samba wrote:
> homeDirectory = unset
> unixHomeDirectory = /home/users/<username>
>
> I thought I could overwrite it with template homedir = /home/%U

You probably have something like this in the clients smb.conf:

idmap config DOMAIN : unix_nss_info = yes

and:

template homedir = /home/%U

The first will override the second, if unixHomeDirectory is set in AD.

If, on a specific client, you do not want the users Unix dirs to be the
one set in AD, then do not add the first line to the clients smb.conf.
You should be aware that it is one or the other for all users that
connect to that Unix client, you cannot have both.

Rowland