[Samba] same changes in the DHCP to DNS script

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Jul 5 09:22:05 UTC 2020

On 05/07/2020 10:03, Mani Wieser via samba wrote:

> . mostly cosmetic in on-commit to shorten it; the ddns-hostname (first
> in ClientName) is important for me, because I am manipulating some
> client names, like Samsung TVs, with a stupid fixed name: localhost

That really is a stupid hostname have you tried telling Samsung ?

Never really understood why anyone would buy a 'smart' TV, you have
really no control over the computer built into it and what happens when
the TV manufacturer decides to no longer support your 'smart' TV ?

> https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtKwcFU5bIBMhzVibxfJsHjygokd?e=cHeim6

Ahem, your account appears to be frozen ;-)

Rowland