[Samba] Samba as an active directory

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Jul 5 09:10:29 UTC 2020

On 05/07/2020 09:57, commandline at protonmail.com wrote:
> Makes me wonder again why I keep returning to Debian and their
> outdated software.
Samba has no control over Debian, but in this case, you are getting
Samba 4.5.16 because the turnkey appliance you downloaded is using
'stretch'. If you install 'buster', you will get Samba 4.9.5, but you
can then use Louis's repo and get Samba 4.12.3

> I understand your point of view.
>
> To my understanding samba is working fine but somehow the DNS is
> mangled by Windows 10. I hoped this would be a known issue and had a
> fix procedure available.

It is a known problem and the fix procedure now is to upgrade Samba.

Rowland