[Samba] dns_tkey_gssnegotiate: TKEY is unacceptable

Robert E. Wooden bob at donelsontrophy.com
Fri Jul 3 14:40:21 UTC 2020

On 7/3/2020 9:31 AM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> Does 'sudo rm -f /var/lib/samba/private/dns.keytab' give you any hint
> to which is the correct keytab ?
>
> Rowland

While waiting for your reply, I began checking my BIND9 setup.

Having used many of Louis' "sed" strings instructions, one those strings
direct "tkey-gssapi-keytab" to use "/var/lib/samba/_private_/dns.keytab".

Changed it to: "/var/lib/samba/_bind-dns_/dns.keytab" and the DC, a few
minutes ago, just finished updating properly.

Thanks, our decision here pointed my to the correction needed.

Now, I'll ask the obvious question. Why are there two "dsn.keytab"
files? It is confusing.

--

Bob Wooden