[Samba] Problems with GPO

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jul 2 14:40:02 UTC 2020

see inbetween the tekst.

Van: Marcio Demetrio Bacci [mailto:marciobacci at gmail.com]
Verzonden: donderdag 2 juli 2020 14:19
Aan: L.P.H. van Belle
CC: samba at lists.samba.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Samba] Problems with GPO

Hi,

By assigning the permission of authenticated users, will this allow users in one group, for example, financial, to access the shares of other groups, such as administrative or directorship or the other way around?

My shares look like this:
Company (is the first level)
 ->Financial (second level)
 ->Administrative (second level)
 ->Management (second level)
 ->Directorship (second level)

For the user group I map the drive like this: \\SERVER\Financial  -  \\SERVER \Administrative  etc.

This way, Do I need assign permission of authenticated users for all the shares above ?
No, only where the GPO is used but if needed you can add it just make your the subfolder dont inherit the access..

If you have a share that also deploys software (VIA GPO), create a separted share for that.
That avoids possible problems and give more flexibility.

Greetz,

Louis