[Samba] help for join AD domain failure troubleshooting

rong zhao zhaorbox at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 21:44:24 UTC 2020

Thank you @Rowland,

I tried the new smb.conf file, still no luck with the same error
message, I also reboot Linux and try too.

-------
Failed to join domain: Failed to set machine spn: Operations error
Do you have sufficient permissions to create machine accounts?
return code = -1
Freed frame ../../source3/utils/net.c:942, expected
../../source3/libnet/libnet_join.c:506.
-------

Thank you @Andrew,

We never modified the "10" limit before, it really worked (maybe when
Ada is lad)... but about 2 months ago, it suddenly broke. I am
suspecting somebody modified security options on AD servers in our
team, but nobody claimed that, so we have to try to figure it out
painfully :(

Thanks