[Samba] Debian Buster RPi Louis'-repos

Robert E. Wooden bob at donelsontrophy.com
Wed Jul 1 14:21:48 UTC 2020

I have two DC's. One on an Intel based box and the other on a Raspberry
Pi (2B?) both using Louis' repos running Samba 4.12.3.

In comparing "samba-debug-info.txt" (generated by Louis'
"samba-collect-debug-info.sh" script) I see that the RPi
/etc/nsswitch.conf (file) does NOT include /systemd/ in the 'passwd' &
'group' lines like the Intel based DC does.

 From RPi:

        Checking file: /etc/nsswitch.conf

# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

passwd: *files winbind*
group: *files winbind*
shadow:         files
gshadow:        files

 From Intel based:

        Checking file: /etc/nsswitch.conf

# /etc/nsswitch.conf
#
# Example configuration of GNU Name Service Switch functionality.
# If you have the `glibc-doc-reference' and `info' packages installed, try:
# `info libc "Name Service Switch"' for information about this file.

passwd: *files winbind systemd*
group: *files winbind systemd*

Does not Debian Buster running on an RPi use systemd?

--
Bob Wooden