[Samba] Users, home directories and profiles

Enrico Morelli morelli at cerm.unifi.it
Wed Jul 1 12:05:33 UTC 2020

On Wed, 1 Jul 2020 12:35:08 +0100
Rowland penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 01/07/2020 12:15, Robi. T. Wagner via samba wrote:
> >> root at localhost:~# getfacl /home/samba/users/
> >> getfacl: Removing leading '/' from absolute path names
> >> # file: home/samba/users/
> >> # owner: root
> >> # group: root
> >> user::rwx
> >> group::rwx
> >> other::rwx
> >> root at localhost:~# samba-tool ntacl get /home/samba/users --as-sddl
> >> O:LAG:S-1-22-2-0D:(A;;0x001f01ff;;;LA)(A;;0x001f01ff;;;S-1-22-2-0)(A;;0x001f01ff;;;WD)(A;OICIIO;0x001f01ff;;;CO)(A;OICIIO;0x001200a9;;;CG)(A;OICIIO;0x001200a9;;;WD)
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Sorry for the bad format....I am fighting to get lists.samba.org
> > into a newsreader without success (bloody Austrian A1 doesn't have
> > a news server anymore and I couldn't find a nntp server with samba
> > lists) If you change the file/directory owner to a unix user,
> > windows explorer is crashing immediately in the security tab. The
> > only exception is the user root, because it mapped to Administrator.
> >

> > Mani
>
> Now I think about it, we have had this before and it is a Windows
> bug, if I remember correctly, someone at Windows was supposed to be
> looking into it.
>
> Rowland

Ok, for the moment with the patch I'm able to set the permissions to the
home directories of the domain users.
Now the other problem is that after I created new users on samba server
I'm unable to login into the windows client. When I try to login using
a new user I receive:

We can't sign you with this credential because your domain isn't
available. Make sure your device is connected to your organization's
network and try again. If you previously signed in on this device with
another credential, you can sign in with that credential.

But I'm able to login using the user I created as administrator.

  Enrico Morelli
  System Administrator | Programmer | Web Developer

  CERM - Polo Scientifico
  via Sacconi, 6 - 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI) - ITALY