[Samba] Problems with GPO

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jul 1 07:34:10 UTC 2020

Looks like a "missing" right.

Cause
The issue was caused by insufficient permissions to access the source file on the network location.
Although "Computer" part of Group Policy runs as a SYSTEM account, this applies to the target client computer,
not the server where shared files are stored.

Resolution
Give Authenticated Users "Read-Only" access to the network share where source files are saved.
Also change NTFS permissions if necessary.

! If you adjust your rights... do it from within windows.!  ;-)

Greetz,

Louis