[Samba] smbd fails to start after upgrade to version 4.11.6 (raspbian)

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Jan 31 13:32:32 UTC 2020

Hai Roy,

Hm,, can you try this.

# /etc/nsswitch.conf
Change
hosts:          files mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return] dns
hosts:          files dns mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return]

Try again.
Not working, remove
# disable smb1
	client min protocol = smb2_02
	server min protocol = smb2_02

Try again.

Not working,

systemctl cat smbd winbind nmbd
( post the output so i can verify it. )

I think it has todo with the wlan interface.

Now look ath the lines :
After=
Wants=

! Note, these might be different per service.

Now, run the following.
systemctl edit smbd
Add:
[Unit]
Wants=network-online.target
After=network.target network-online.target nmbd.service winbind.service

systemctl edit winbind
[Unit]
After=network.target nmbd.service
Wants=network-online.target

And
systemctl edit nmbd
[Unit]
Wants=network-online.target
After=network.target network-online.target

Reboot

@Rowland, is your wifi configured on the Pi?

Greetz,

Louis