[Samba] fruit_pread_meta_stream: Removing [X:AFP_AfpInfo] failed

Tobias Kirchhofer collect at shift.agency
Fri Jan 31 12:59:19 UTC 2020

On 31 Jan 2020, at 10:28, Ralph Boehme via samba wrote:

> Am 1/31/20 um 10:05 AM schrieb Tobias Kirchhofer via samba:
>
>> The fruit part in smb.conf:
>>
>> ```
>> vfs objects = acl_xattr fruit streams_xattr full_audit
>
> put acl_xattr behind streams_xattr.
>
>> ; Better Mac integration
>> https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/current/man-html/vfs_fruit.8.html
>> fruit:aapl = yes
>> fruit:encoding = native
>> fruit:locking = none
>> fruit:metadata = stream
>> fruit:resource = stream
>
> Remove the above line or set fruit:resource=file which is the default
> and has the same effect.

We managed to get rid of the message.

The point was `fruit:metadata`. Changing the setting from
`fruit:metadata=stream` to `fruit:metadata=netatalk` fixed it without
changing anything else. But why?

BTW we changed then also „fruit:resource“ to „fruit:xattr“. Docu
says that ZFS is able to handle it.

     fruit:metadata = netatalk
     fruit:resource = xattr

We also changed the order of the objects like you suggested. Did not
realized that the order is relevant.

      vfs objects = acl_xattr fruit streams_xattr full_audit

It's coming along! :-) Thank you!

collect at shift.agency