[Samba] Teo En Ming's Setting Up Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS with Samba 4.11.6 as Active Directory Domain Controller PDF Manual

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Jan 30 15:52:22 UTC 2020

On 30/01/2020 15:33, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
> Hi Rowland Penny,
>
> When-ever I followed someone's guide, I /always/ credit the original author in the last few pages of my PDF manual.

You should put the credit on the opening page, something like:

This is based on the information found here:

https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/full-howto-Ubuntu18.04-samba-AD_DC.txt

Putting it at the end, is a bit like the disclaimers at the end of an
email, totally unenforceable and easily miss-able.

> In this discussion thread, for example, I credited the original author on page 100, the last page of my PDF manual.
>
> Please open my PDF manual and refer to page 100 for the credits to the original author.
I did read it and I knew it was based on Louis's howto within a few
pages, but I had to wait until the last page for the proof.
> You can check out my other PDF manuals too. Please refer to the last few pages for the credits to the original author.
>
> My PDF manuals are intended to provide rich graphical/pictorial experiences for the readers, rather than purely text. I will also add my own enhancements and corrections too.

I would think more of your Samba manual if you had taken Louis's howto,
followed it and written your own notes as you went along, instead of
just typing in what Louis provides. Louis has a felicity of style that
is all his ;-)

Rowland