[Samba] smbd fails to start after upgrade to version 4.11.6

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jan 29 21:38:13 UTC 2020

On 29/01/2020 20:52, Roy Eastwood via samba wrote:
> -----------
>
>         Checking file: /etc/krb5.conf
>
> [libdefaults]
> 	default_realm = samdom.org
> 	dns_lookup_realm = false
> 	dns_lookup_kdc = true
Just about the only thing wrong with your setup is the 'default realm'
in /etc/krb5.conf, it should be in uppercase, but this shouldn't cause
your problem.
> -----------
>
>      Warning,  does not exist
>
> -----------
>

> Louis' script failed to print out smb.conf (even though it exists at
> /etc/samba/smb.conf) and user.map, so here they are:
I think you found a slight bug in the script, I will look into trying to
fix it.

It confirms that nmbd, smbd and winbind are not starting, so do you have
SSH setup on your Rpi ?

if so, can you open three ssh terminals to the Rpi and run 'sudo smbd
-D' in one, 'sudo nmbd -D' in the second and 'sudo winbindd -D' in the
third. If they all start, check if Samba is running on the Rpi, if one
fails it may point in the direction of the error.

If it does work, it may be a problem with systemd and I know little
about systemd.

Rowland