[Samba] Mac Time Machine backups

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Jan 29 16:02:14 UTC 2020

Hai,

Now, i dont use mac or TM, but i have users using my packages that shared some configs that worked.

I suggest have a try or look at:

https://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/examples/samba-timemachine-example.txt
Or
https://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/examples/samba-491-conf.txt

And one of these might need: https://downloads.van-belle.nl/samba4/examples/timemachine.service

Debian Stretch and buster packages (official) wont work, no time machine was enabled in these builds.
My Buster and Bionic packages and up do have it enables as of 4.9+
https://apt.van-belle.nl for more info.

Greetz,

Louis