[Samba] Newly joined DC - Failed to bind to uuid for ncacn_ip_tcp .. NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER

Jonathan Hunter jmhunter1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 22:04:16 UTC 2020

On Tue, 28 Jan 2020 at 21:21, Rowland penny via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> Concentrating on the nameservers, I forgot to mention these:
> > newdc$ cat /etc/hostname
> > newdc.mydomain.org.uk
> /etc/hostname should just contain the short hostname 'newdc'
Have updated (and also used 'hostnamectl set-hostname newdc' to take
effect straight away)

> >> /etc/hosts
> [...]
> > 192.168.1.6       newdc.mydomain.org.uk
>
> And the line that starts with the DCs IP, should be:
> [...]
> in your case:
>
> 192.168.1.6 newdc.mydomain.org.uk newdc

Also updated, thanks (on both dc2 and newdc).

I've restarted samba on both but am still getting the same error
unfortunately.. :)

> > newdc$ cat /etc/resolv.conf
> > # Generated by resolvconf
>
> I would remove resolvconf and then create /etc/resolv.conf like this:
>
> search mydomain.org.uk
Duly added also :)

--
"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called
research, would it?"