[Samba] ldbsearch and long lines...

Jonathon Reinhart jonathon.reinhart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 16:47:56 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 11:33 AM Rowland penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 27/01/2020 16:23, Marco Gaiarin via samba wrote:
> > I've noted that 'ldbsearch' truncate long lines in output, as is usual
> > in ldap.
> >
> > For now i've solved with:
> >
> >       sed -zre 's/\n //g'
> >
> > but... there's a bright/better solution?
> >

> > Thanks.
> >
> I take it you get lines like this:
>
> objectCategory:
> CN=Person,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=c
>   om
>
> And you want them like this:
>
> objectCategory:
> CN=Person,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=samdom,DC=example,DC=com
>
> Add '--show-binary' after 'ldbsearch'
>
> Rowland

I've been meaning to report that this behavior also affects commands like
"samba-tool user show" where there is no --show-binary.

Even worse, it affects "samba-tool user edit", where a diff is taken
between the old/new files.

Shall I open an issue?