[Samba] Why can't I setup Samba 4.7.6 as Active Directory Domain Controller in Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS Linux Server?

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming ceo at teo-en-ming-corp.com
Mon Jan 27 11:37:20 UTC 2020

LOL!!!

Thanks for the link.

-----Original Message-----
From: samba <samba-bounces at lists.samba.org> On Behalf Of Rowland penny via samba
Sent: Monday, 27 January 2020 7:14 PM
To: samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: Re: [Samba] Why can't I setup Samba 4.7.6 as Active Directory Domain Controller in Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS Linux Server?

On 27/01/2020 10:43, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming via samba wrote:
> Subject: Why can't I setup Samba 4.7.6 as Active Directory Domain Controller in Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS Linux Server?
>
> Good day from Singapore,
>
> I need your expert advice.
>
> Why can't I setup Samba 4.7.6 as Active Directory Domain Controller in Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS Linux Server?

Go on, I give in, why can you not setup AD on Ubuntu 18.04 ? ;-)

Try reading this:

https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/full-howto-Ubuntu18.04-samba-AD_DC.txt

I have a slightly different version, that is a bit more brutal, I remove netplan.

In short it works, you are just following the wrong howto ;-)

Rowland

-----BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE-----

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic
Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019 and refugee seeking attempts at the United Nations Refugee Agency Bangkok (21 Mar 2017), in Taiwan (5 Aug 2019) and Australia (25 Dec 2019 to 9 Jan 2020):

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming

-----END EMAIL SIGNATURE-----