[Samba] Why can't I setup Samba 4.7.6 as Active Directory Domain Controller in Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS Linux Server?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jan 27 11:13:34 UTC 2020

On 27/01/2020 10:43, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming via samba wrote:
> Subject: Why can't I setup Samba 4.7.6 as Active Directory Domain Controller in Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS Linux Server?
>
> Good day from Singapore,
>
> I need your expert advice.
>
> Why can't I setup Samba 4.7.6 as Active Directory Domain Controller in Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS Linux Server?

Go on, I give in, why can you not setup AD on Ubuntu 18.04 ? ;-)

Try reading this:

https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/full-howto-Ubuntu18.04-samba-AD_DC.txt

I have a slightly different version, that is a bit more brutal, I remove
netplan.

In short it works, you are just following the wrong howto ;-)

Rowland